Oracle Cancer Trust (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller and person responsible for the processing of personal data collected through http://oraclecancertrust.org/ (“our site”) is Oracle Cancer Trust of 32-36 Loman Street, London, SE1 0EH.
Please note that we monitor statistics about our users, such as geographical location and website performance to provide a better experience for you. These statistics do not include any personally identifying information.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, make a donation on our site (or when you participate in a competition, promotion or survey). The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information. We may also ask if you would like to dedicate your donation to anyone, however, this information is not mandatory to complete.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or when you place a donation via any of our donation pages on third party websites, such as JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share such data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. You should check other websites’ own privacy policies when you provide them with your information to understand how they process your data.
Our site is not intended for children and we do not wish to collect personal data from children. If you are underaged (and in any event, under the age of 16), please refrain from sharing any personal data with us.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to administer your donation (including processing gift aid) and your fundraising;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- to ensure we have your preference as to how you would like to be contacted; and
- to improve our services to you.
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call about your donations and competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you. You will only receive this information if you opt in to receive such information. We do not sell or provide your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
If you have consented to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See ‘Your Rights’ below for further information.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- any of our affiliates which includes our subsidiaries for the purposes identified above;
- third party service providers who help us carry out our activities, subject to obligations to keep the data confidential and secure and to use it only for the purpose of providing services to us;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity as provided by applicable law; and
- we may also transfer your data in the event that we are merged or combined with another organisation or if any of our activities are transferred to another organisation.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site including by email. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable steps as required by law including administrative technical and physical measures to secure personal data and to try to prevent unauthorised access. This includes access restriction, encryption, passwords, firewalls, use of secure cloud services and physical access to computers.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes (as mentioned above). If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘Contact’ below); and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘Contact’ below);
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details); and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘Contact’ below);
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
We may an administrative fee (as permitted by law) to cover our costs for this service.